E·CO 2010. Meeting between European and American Photography Collectives is an initiative from the Spanish Ministry of Culture which brings together 20 photography collectives from Europe and Latin America, as well as editors, researchers and other professionals in the sector, to open up debate on the current needs of photography. In culmination of this initiative, an exhibition curated by Claudi Carreras will display works produced by the collectives on the theme of the environment.
E·CO has the following activities:
- Madrid. Tabacalera. May 13 – July 11, 2010.
- Soria. Former Bank of Spain Building. September 8 – 28 November, 2010.
- Sao Paulo. Centro Cultural de España. July 3 – August 29, 2010.
- Madrid. New Production Strategies and Alternative Circuits of Visibility for Photography Projects. Presentations by the Collectives and Roundtables. .Spanish Ministry of Culture, Auditorium. May 13 – 15, 2010.
- Soria. Interactive Photography Essays from Collectives on the Province of Soria. Results will be displayed in an exhibition. Former Bank of Spain Building. May 16 – 18, 2010